UK Partner Applications


The tightening of immigration rules over the last few years means it’s become increasingly harder for couples to reside in the UK together. If you’re already living in the UK, your partner will need a visa to live with you for more than 6 months.

The UK Partner applications such as the UK Spouse/Marriage visa allows the spouse of the British national to permanently reside in the UK. Whereas the UK Fiancé/Proposed Civil Partner visa lets your partner come to the UK to marry or enter a civil partnership with a British citizen or settled person. Once the marriage has been registered in the UK your partner will then be able to apply to switch to a spouse visa.

There is also an option to live with your partner in the UK if you’re not planning on getting married. The UK Unmarried Partner visa allows the partner of a British National to apply for permeant residency in the UK if they have lived together for more than 2 years.

There are basic requirements that must be met before making a partner visa application a few of them are:

  • Proof that the relationship is genuine
  • The partners must intend on living together
  • The applicant should meet the English Language Requirement
  • The sponsor must be earning a minimum salary or have a certain amount of money in savings.

Before making a visa application you should familiarise yourself with the immigration rules associated with the visa you are applying for, making sure all the necessary documents are provided, as if the decision maker cannot find what they are looking for they will not hesitate to reject your application.

We at Burlow and Spencer understand that applying for a partner visa is a long and strenuous process, the various rules and requirements can make the application seem daunting.  That’s why we’re here to help!

Our specialist immigration lawyers can advise you on all the information you need for your application. We will help you with the list of necessary documents and review your application before submitting it.

Our lawyers have a high success rate for partner visa applications, so if we are happy to represent you and your first application is refused we will represent your next application free of charge!

Contact us today on 0800 014 8340


4 comments on “UK Partner Applications
  1. The laws are getting stricker and harder to understand for most. Something like this is definitely better for a professional lawyer to do. Get it done right the right time and save yourself a lot of headaches.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *